Friday, April 10, 2015

Walmart World!

Great news today! I was contacted yesterday by my company's magazine, Walmart World, about putting together a story on my ride! Thanks to a great friend and coworker I'll be able to get the word out to a whole lot more people on Lou Gehrig's disease and what the ALS Association is doing to combat it. Hopefully this will mean many donations and an end to this disease forever!

In other news, I'm getting so much better at changing tires! I picked up what will hopefully be my last couple of inner tubes this morning and got a mirror for my bicycle donated by another great friend/coworker. I'm two weeks away from my last day at Walmart until July and seventeen days from the start of my journey! Three weeks from today I'll be in Fredericksburg, VA and very close to starting the Trans-America Trail put together by the Adventure Cycling Association. I'll have already passed through Delaware, Maryland, Washington DC, and a good chunk of Virginia!

It's hard to say how often I'll update this blog while on the road. Depending on how my daily routine gets set up I may give a very small update every day, a couple times a week or just once a week. I'm looking into how to link maps into this blog so you can see just where I am on any given day. Anyway, that's enough for now! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment