Saturday, April 18, 2015

9 Days!!!

Well I'm 9 days from leaving Rehoboth Beach, Delaware! Here are some details on what's happening between now and then. My last day working at Walmart is April 24th. Saturday the 25th is moving day. A couple of great friends offered to let me move a few coffee tables, boxes of books and clothing and some small appliances into a small storage area they have. Saturday night will be my last night in my apartment. My mentor is giving Fledge and me a ride in his pickup truck from Hanover, PA to Lewes, DE. We're leaving right on the dot at 7 am, arriving in Lewes around 10 am. I'm meeting with a reporter at the Cape Gazette (the local paper) around 1:30 and giving him some more details and perhaps getting some pictures. Planning on arriving at my host's home around 3 pm or thereabouts. My departure on Monday the 27th will probably be around 9:00 am.

Now once I get going, here's what to expect... I'll try to update on a daily basis when I'm able but it's not going to be detailed. For me, this trip is about getting back to nature and that means using technology as sparingly as possible. I'll show you where I'm starting and where I'm finishing and I might give you a sentence or two if I think words are necessary. A few pictures might find their way in also. :-) As for details, those will have to wait for my rest days once a week or thereabouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment