Friday, August 15, 2014

Gratitude

I just want to say a big thank you to the people who have given of their financial resources to get my fundraiser to where it is and who have lent me a hand in getting ready for this long ride ahead of me. I'm not going to name names as some wish to remain anonymous and some don't even think they've made a significant contribution yet. There are a couple people who have taken time out of their lives to give me a hand training for this bicycle ride. One guy has driven upwards of an hour to give me a lift when my tires have popped. Another great friend took me out for a tutorial ride back when my new bike was foreign and a little frightening. Numerous people have given me advice and recommendations on how to prepare. The research fund hit the $650 mark this past week. That's roughly 22% of the goal. Another $100 and we'll be 1/4 of the way there! After about 4 months, we're almost 25% there! I know the economy is bad and right now many people don't have expendable income that they can give even though they want to. That makes that $650 so much more significant. Others of you have given funding for the trip itself. Maybe you don't see yourself as having contributed much but I truly believe that what you have given will be compounded so much as I travel! $50 will easily turn into a couple of hundred as people across this great nation get connected with what the ALS Association is doing. Thank you for your contributions to end ALS forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment