Monday, August 25, 2014

Baltimore

Well, I don't have that much to say about the ride to Baltimore last week. I left my place around 11 am Wednesday morning and had no trouble finding my way. The scenery was breathtaking from time to time, though:

Farmlands and rolling hills
 
The texture on this road was really bump. Makes a guy who's had as many flats as I've had pretty paranoid.
 




I arrived at the inner harbor a little after 3 pm. I swung by my dad's place of employment to say hello and relax for a few minutes. Somebody had baked cookies that I soon found out were meant as a prank for someone in the office. The sugar had been replaced with salt. Argh!

Next, I took off for Barnes & Noble right on the water. I hung around there for a while waiting for my host to finish his work for the day. Eventually, though, hunger got the best of me and I walked over to Moe's Southwest Grill for an awesome Homewrecker burrito! After the long ride I'd had, that burrito was probably the best one I'd ever tasted from Moe's!

My host met me right around 7 pm and we rode the 2-ish miles to his place. I took a quick shower and then we walked over a bridge to the very artsy district of Baltimore. Turns out, there are several Korean restaurants within a small radius of where I was staying. I lamented having gotten that burrito. We stopped in at a bar with live jazz playing, had drinks and got to know each other. Upon returning home, we hung out watching a little TV with my host's roommate and then I headed up to the room where I was sleeping about 11 to check emails and then go to sleep.

After an okay night of sleep, I hung around the house until about 10:45 and then hit the road. The first 20 minutes or so were bumpy navigationally speaking. It seems that Google maps has problems with big city infrastructure. It was beautiful riding weather literally right up until I finally arrived in Hanover. About 2 minutes from my place, the rain started coming down and I was a little wet by the time I hauled my bike indoors. So that's it! Next big trip is to Greencastle, PA in late September!

No comments:

Post a Comment